Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the forum. Been suffering with anhedonia and depression for 8 years after Luvox

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

infinitezer00000

Hi Area,

I was on a dose of 100mg Luvox for 6 years and had a doctor taper me quite aggressively over the course of 2 months. Since then (8 years ago) I have been suffering with extreme depression and anhedonia. I was also a chronic insomniac for that whole period of time.

My current issues seem to be complete lack of libido and morning erections and motivational and anticipatory anhedonia. Since I was suffering so greatly with this for the last 8 years my doctor finally convinced me to go back on Luvox because my symptoms were just so severe at this point.

Being on the Luvox for the past 7 weeks has helped with the depression symptoms and given me my ability to sleep soundly throughout the night. I can now focus quite a bit better and my thoughts aren't as intrusive. I can barely feel anxiety.

At this point I do have occassional morning and erections and when I do they are incredible hard. My main issue seems to be this complete lack of libido and the ability to enjoy things that I once previously did. This situation has almost completely decimated my life and I have made two suicide attempts.

I have had a couple windows since starting the luvox where I have gotten excited or all these feelings come rushing back and it feels like my old self again. I actually WANT things! The longest window of feeling good was 1.5 days while most are extremely brief.

What would your advice people to keep this window open more often?

Thank you for your help and the forum is great.

Last edited by infinitezer00000 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding to story)

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Hello infinitezer00000, I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with Luvox.
These types of anhedonia and even anxiety commonly recur after stopping the medication.
The good news is that Luvox can actually help cognitive function and memory because it is a sigma-1-agonist [1]. The bad news is that in order to make the most use of it, you need to increase dopamine back up to normal levels. But it shouldn't be too hard. Which country are you in?

Might I suggest asking your doctor to add a dopaminergic agent like Wellbutrin or perhaps Agomelatine or another 5-HT2C antagonist? It would depend on where you are as Agomelatine in particular is only available in EU I believe and only certain countries.

That would be my recommendation.

As your issues are mostly to do with dopamine I think.

Though, you may still want to check important things like.

--> Thyroid hormones; TSH, T4, T3 (some evidence says SSRI's lower thyroid hormones)
--> Free Testosterone
--> Prolactin (SSRI's are well known to raise Prolactin)

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

infinitezer00000

Does fluvoxamine and agomelatine have any negative interactions?

According to wikipedia "Agomelatine is a substrate of CYP1A2, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19. Inhibitors of these enzymes, e.g. the SSRI antidepressant fluvoxamine, reduce its clearance and can therefore lead to an increase in agomelatine exposure."

Not sure how valid this is.

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

infinitezer00000 wrote:Does fluvoxamine and agomelatine have any negative interactions?

According to wikipedia "Agomelatine is a substrate of CYP1A2, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19. Inhibitors of these enzymes, e.g. the SSRI antidepressant fluvoxamine, reduce its clearance and can therefore lead to an increase in agomelatine exposure."

Not sure how valid this is.

Yeah so choose something that doesn't interact with Luvox. I was just giving an example. Good call.

Ask your Doc for something that could be added that is dopaminergic, I believe you can't mix a lot of Caffeine and Luvox either.

Arrow https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1884944/

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum