Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My History

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: My History on Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

phenyl90

I still do not understand why the intake of folic acid, vitamin B12 and high protein is recommended for low histamine.

All these three things have the ability to recycle the homocysteine into methionine, thus increasing the methylation cycle ... as of course too many proteins.

77 Re: My History on Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

kpavel

Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
phenyl90 wrote:I still do not understand why the intake of folic acid, vitamin B12 and high protein is recommended for low histamine.

All these three things have the ability to recycle the homocysteine into methionine, thus increasing the methylation cycle ... as of course too many proteins.

It's a very interesting topic I didn't think much about yet, but I found that folate is needed for acetylation and thus for creating protein expressions, SERT for example. You may see presentation for depression here
https://web.archive.org/web/20130219043810/https://www.walshinstitute.org/MedicalConditions.asp

78 Re: My History on Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 am

phenyl90

I would also like an area intervention because in its advice for low histamine folic acid and high proteins are suggested ... which, according to my opinion, is controversial

79 Re: My History on Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 am

phenyl90

kpavel wrote:
phenyl90 wrote:I still do not understand why the intake of folic acid, vitamin B12 and high protein is recommended for low histamine.

It's a very interesting topic I didn't think much about yet, but I found that folate is needed for acetylation and thus for creating protein expressions, SERT for example. You may see presentation for depression here
https://web.archive.org/web/20130219043810/https://www.walshinstitute.org/MedicalConditions.asp

Which website link do you refer to? however, if folic acid (not methylfolate) increases the methylation cycle ... it is certainly not a wise choice to increase histamine.

80 Re: My History on Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 pm

kpavel

This is a link to webarchive of a walshinstitute.org site page (William Walsh). Depression section contains a working link to download a self-executing PowerPoint presentation on the folic acid role.

81 Re: My History on Mon May 21, 2018 1:38 am

phenyl90

I wanted to update by saying that a couple of things have happened since I started combining selegiline 2.5mg with memantine at a low dosage of 2.5mg. I have the feeling that at this point the greatest discomfort in my case is also between glutamate and gaba, certainly lacking in the latter in the memantine is giving me a sense of serenity and well-being that test the control of glutamate in fact acts as antagonist NMDA lowering glutamate.

On the other hand I think that dopamine after a month of selegiline is at a good level and probably also too excitatory as it is night I woke up in anxiety after a dream ... I had similar feelings when I had an excess of serotonin with SSRI ... luckily this time combining a diaphragmatic breathing and chamomile I resumed to sleep after a while.

I can not say with certainty that it is a dopaminergic excess, but I felt very alert at 3:00 but even before falling asleep.

Would it be a good idea to try Phenibut, or picamilon before bed? act directly on GABA by overcoming the blood-brain barrier.

I think Chamomile is more effective in the levels of EPINEFRINE and NOREPINEFRINA than on GABA but luckily it worked the same. I had no sweating but only a slight rapid beat.

Now that I remember, I took 20gr of jelly before bed. Is it likely that the glycine contained in it has accentuated the state of excitement?

82 Re: My History on Mon May 21, 2018 1:41 am

phenyl90

Casein and gluten is not positive for glutamate

83 Re: My History on Sun May 27, 2018 8:29 am

kpavel

phenyl90 wrote:I wanted to update by saying that a couple of things have happened since I started combining selegiline 2.5mg with memantine at a low dosage of 2.5mg. I have the feeling that at this point the greatest discomfort in my case is also between glutamate and gaba, certainly lacking in the latter in the memantine is giving me a sense of serenity and well-being that test the control of glutamate in fact acts as antagonist NMDA lowering glutamate.

On the other hand I think that dopamine after a month of selegiline is at a good level and probably also too excitatory as it is night I woke up in anxiety after a dream ... I had similar feelings when I had an excess of serotonin with SSRI ... luckily this time combining a diaphragmatic breathing and chamomile I resumed to sleep after a while.

I can not say with certainty that it is a dopaminergic excess, but I felt very alert at 3:00 but even before falling asleep.

Would it be a good idea to try Phenibut, or picamilon before bed? act directly on GABA by overcoming the blood-brain barrier.

I think Chamomile is more effective in the levels of EPINEFRINE and NOREPINEFRINA than on GABA but luckily it worked the same. I had no sweating but only a slight rapid beat.

Now that I remember, I took 20gr of jelly before bed. Is it likely that the glycine contained in it has accentuated the state of excitement?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4023459/

84 Re: My History on Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
phenyl90 wrote:I wanted to update by saying that a couple of things have happened since I started combining selegiline 2.5mg with memantine at a low dosage of 2.5mg. I have the feeling that at this point the greatest discomfort in my case is also between glutamate and gaba, certainly lacking in the latter in the memantine is giving me a sense of serenity and well-being that test the control of glutamate in fact acts as antagonist NMDA lowering glutamate.

Well first - NMDA-Receptors can "regulate" or promote Histamine release, NMDAR antagonists can increase Histamine [1] and Memantine's mechanism may be related to increasing Brain Histamine levels [2] (as well as Acetylcholine etc) [3].

Second, Selegiline causes Anxiety for many people.

I've used it before and it wasn't until the end of the first to like mid-second week that I started getting irritable on it.

Your assessment relating to this is probably pretty good (with regard to GABA and Glutamate). Although because Glutamate is NEEDED to MAKE (Produce) GABA - many times people *don't realize* they are LOW in BOTH!!!

...So that might be something to consider.

Lastly, if you find any even *modest* benefit from Memantine, also consider that there may be other "release" or "firing" based problems going on with your Dopamine neurons...people can have 'symptomatically' low-dopamine type-of-deal going on; Anhedonia, Depression, Lack of Motivation etc - but in Reality might have NORMAL or even HIGH levels of Dopamine but it isn't being "released" properly or perhaps (even) the Dopamine Transporters are INCREASED so the Dopamine is being "taken out" too fast...used up too quickly.

This happens to be the reason *WHY* many find more benefit with "release-alteration" substances like Amphetamine or Ritalin versus Selegiline.

...However, Selegiline does not produce additional *functional* transporters and so its NET effect is LESS BREAKDOWN, more Dopamine but *ESPECIALLY* more PEA (Phenylethylamine).

Regards,
~Jay, Dan and Crew at Area-1255 LTD & Forums.

http://area-1255.forumotion.com

85 Re: My History on Thu May 31, 2018 1:28 am

phenyl90

Area-1255 wrote:

Well first - NMDA-Receptors can "regulate" or promote Histamine release, NMDAR antagonists can increase Histamine [1] and Memantine's mechanism may be related to increasing Brain Histamine levels [2] (as well as Acetylcholine etc) [3].

Second, Selegiline causes Anxiety for many people.

I've used it before and it wasn't until the end of the first to like mid-second week that I started getting irritable on it.

Your assessment relating to this is probably pretty good (with regard to GABA and Glutamate). Although because Glutamate is NEEDED to MAKE (Produce) GABA - many times people *don't realize* they are LOW in BOTH!!!

...So that might be something to consider.

Lastly, if you find any even *modest* benefit from Memantine, also consider that there may be other "release" or "firing" based problems going on with your Dopamine neurons...people can have 'symptomatically' low-dopamine type-of-deal going on; Anhedonia, Depression, Lack of Motivation etc - but in Reality might have NORMAL or even HIGH levels of Dopamine but it isn't being "released" properly or perhaps (even) the Dopamine Transporters are INCREASED so the Dopamine is being "taken out" too fast...used up too quickly.

This happens to be the reason *WHY* many find more benefit with "release-alteration" substances like Amphetamine or Ritalin versus Selegiline.

...However, Selegiline does not produce additional *functional* transporters and so its NET effect is LESS BREAKDOWN, more Dopamine but *ESPECIALLY* more PEA (Phenylethylamine).

Regards,
~Jay, Dan and Crew at Area-1255 LTD & Forums.

Thanks, I'm really glad to receive an intervention from you because somehow you're really helping me. Also Kpavel of course that always answers me Smile I'm sorry only for my translated English ... I always try to avoid misunderstandings.

I must be honest, the memantine is really changing my life or better, I seem to go back in my best years.

Now, I'm not sure if he's modulating the glutamate and then lowering it, or he's acting on the NMDA receptor by potentiating it or somehow increasing it.

How could I perceive this? I am currently with a minimum dose of 5mg. I do not take any other supplements at the moment.

My diet is mainly based on micronutrients to have a complete spectrum as well as amino acids that I try to balance also taking the gelatin that actually has a lot of glutamic acid but also a lot of glycine that somehow helps me.

Now that I think about it, when I was taking histidine and I was well ... the reason was due to the fact that somehow it could convert into glutamate and then into GABA? so not for the fact that he lowered the serotonin.

What do you think about Area and all the members? you are fantastic

I had forgotten to say that I have done blood tests on serotonin again, which is normal as well as copper and zinc.

Very high oxytocin is probably what makes me verbalize a lot with anyone lately.

I do not understand why then if you need glutamate for the gaba, almost all websites demonize advising you to avoid it.

86 Re: My History on Thu May 31, 2018 5:00 am

phenyl90

Remember now:

For the ejaculation problems is only question of time ? the link on site not working.

My sexual hormone is ok.

Now that I think about it, when I occasionally took phenylpiracetam I was immediately better but I connected it to dopamine.

In fact, if I read correctly, it acts at the NMDA receptor level ... I assume it increases it? that drug is really powerful but the effects are for a few hours and fast tolerance.

I thought at this point to reduce selegiline to 1mg per day for a week and then cease it ... could I feel rebound effects from this change? and of course keeping memantine at 5mg per day with occasional Fenotropil insertion.

https://imgur.com/a/82kfH21

87 Re: My History on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:58 am

phenyl90

Bad moments last night after 25 grams of jelly.

Lethargy and more accentuated anxiety, practically a mild depressive state.

I think that glycin negatively interferes with the NMDA receptor, I do not know how ... or is it glutamic acid?

I think I will remove it from the diet even if it has excellent properties for the joints, cartilages, bones and ligaments.

88 Re: My History on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:18 am

kpavel

Your link on phenotropil says it increases reuptake so less activation of receptors. Gelatin has large portions of proline and its metabolite glutamic acid. So more glutamate will be at receptors. Memantine blocks NMDA receptors. If you mean delayed ejaculaton you may find that a guy used successfully piracetam for his premature ejaculation. Histidine could help for completely another reason.

89 Re: My History on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 am

phenyl90

So phenypiracetam and memantine have same effects in NMDA ? Correct?

I was referring to morning erections. On the main site of the area in the article on glutamate it seems to me or on the GABA there was a link on the recovery of morning erections. You can verify ? because even there I would like to solve it. Thank you!

90 Re: My History on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

kpavel

phenyl90 wrote:So phenypiracetam and memantine have same effects in NMDA ? Correct?

I was referring to morning erections. On the main site of the area in the article on glutamate it seems to me or on the GABA there was a link on the recovery of morning erections. You can verify ? because even there I would like to solve it. Thank you!

About phenylpiracetam and mem I can't say for sure, but maybe yes.

I couldn't find Area's source of that recovery. But I found this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11906527
You also may explore 'site:pssdforum.com morning erection' in google search.

In my opinion morning erections are in big part a measure of arousal speed. This depends on acetylcholine in part and many other factors including negative ones like oxidative stress, fatty liver etc.

91 Re: My History on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:50 am

phenyl90

Thank you, I would like that Area and the Team were able to recover that link. In my case I think a lot depends on Glutamate / NMDA / Gaba / Acetylcholine.

I'm not having significant improvements with 15mg a day, in the morning I always seem to start from scratch and start to feel some effect of the memantine at 13pm. After almost a month of use where initially I thought I had benefits now I only have side effects ... I feel in a state of "freezing", emotions and empathy are not there and I remain listless all the time ... let's say " zombie state ". Now I wonder why, however, when I take phenylpiracetam that should act the same way, all my problems vanish for those 3-4 hours. At this point the mechanism of action is not the same ... probably increases the GABA or at least its release? I would like to understand this because if only he works on me I have to act in that direction.

Am I right ? I'm not sure to continue with Memantine but I can not even use the Pheny every day because of its fast tolerance.

Ideas and thoughts?

I noticed for example that when I look at photos of people so there are many looks I can not focus everything but my eyes automatically go to one. Very often I am also stuck. What is it due to? Same thing if I'm walking and I'm about to cross other people ... quite debilitating

92 Re: My History on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 pm

kpavel

I also think so. D2 agonism and nmda antagonism should be ok and even needed in my opinion. So maybe return to magnesium? It may make D2 more sensitive and antagonizes nmda. Did your skin became more sensitive or more numb? I had this on ladasten, in my case it wasn't a pleasure...

93 Re: My History on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 am

phenyl90

I suspect almost certainly not have a high level of glutamate so I have to act in this direction increasing it.

Memantine is not doing this. Correct?

Here is explained why histidine has beneficial effects on me because its final metabolite is glutamate.

Area what do you think? should I heavily supplement with histidine, glutamine and glutamic acid?

I wait for your opinions guys ... it could be the turning point.

94 Re: My History on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm

kpavel

Histidine does many things, other components is proline which is abundant in gelatin you mentioned. Glutamate is definitely exciting in strict terms) but is it pleasurable?

95 Re: My History on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 pm

phenyl90

But if I do not have enough I need to get it up Smile this explains why the racetams on me work very well in particular the phenylpiracetam

96 Re: My History on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:50 am

kpavel

That's why I think better to try than not to try Very Happy
Well, did memantine change your skin numbness? Someone reported that on pssdforum.

97 Re: My History on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm

phenyl90

kpavel wrote:That's why I think better to try than not to try Very Happy
Well, did memantine change your skin numbness? Someone reported that on pssdforum.

I think I act in the safest method and where 99% is the problem:

Increasing NMDA receptor hypoactivity. Of course it is not the only receptor bound to the glutaminergic system ... I will try a synergy.

There are excellent ideas on an article proposed by area.

In addition to keeping high proteins I will use creatine for DHT.

It seems to me that magnesium and zinc have a negative effect on me although they still have an activity in NMDA receptors but again, they are not the only ones there are also AMPA and KAINATE

Memantine after a month I stop, pre worktout I think I use histidine 500mg

Opinions? Area have you disappeared? Smile Can the noopept still help?

98 Re: My History on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
Phenyl90. No I have not disappeared. My apologies. Away from computer for a while friend. Selegiline can be rough to Withdraw from if you have Panic Disorder but if only short duration, you should be fine.

Numbness in Empathy and Emotions may be anything from low Dopamine, increased Reuptake, too much Autoreceptor firing.

Magnesium, some Mineral complex. Zinc Orotate. Glycine would not cause your symptoms unless too much resulted in Irritability then Stress-Induced Anhedonia is possible (but unlikely).

Memantine is good for you. Continue it. L-Histidine converts to Histamine which "regulates" both Glutamate AND GABA. Though too much Histamine can also lead to too much Glutmate and Excitotoxicity.

Finally, Glutamate is the BASE amino needed to produce GABA, in nerves Glutamate and its receptors "Oppose actions of GABA" - that's NEURONAL.

...but Glutamate and GABA are in the Same House.
The Enzyme Glutamate Decarboxylase transforms/converts Glutamate into GABA.

Nerve firing on each end is Relevant ONLY after Reaching the Brain - that's why it's so confusing for You.

99 Re: My History on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:08 am

phenyl90

Area-1255 wrote:Phenyl90. No I have not disappeared. My apologies. Away from computer for a while friend. Selegiline can be rough to Withdraw from if you have Panic Disorder but if only short duration, you should be fine.

Numbness in Empathy and Emotions may be anything from low Dopamine, increased Reuptake, too much Autoreceptor firing.

Magnesium, some Mineral complex. Zinc Orotate. Glycine would not cause your symptoms unless too much resulted in Irritability then Stress-Induced Anhedonia is possible (but unlikely).

Memantine is good for you. Continue it. L-Histidine converts to Histamine which "regulates" both Glutamate AND GABA. Though too much Histamine can also lead to too much Glutmate and Excitotoxicity.  

Finally, Glutamate is the BASE amino needed to produce GABA, in nerves Glutamate and its receptors "Oppose actions of GABA" - that's NEURONAL.

Nerve firing on each end is Relevant ONLY after Reaching the Brain - that's why it's so confusing for You.

Hello Area I'm glad to hear from you! I hope you're fine.

So, regarding the memantine from the studies that I read it acts modulating glutamate but in particular it is effective for those who have it at a level and ... in my case it is certainly not high when I take memantine the first 5-6 hours I have a strong depression and depersonalization very accentuated ... in the days it goes to disappear ... certainly I only have benefits on the D2 agonism Dopamine and antagonism of the serotonin receptor.

I'm reinserting the glycine and it seems to have something beneficial.

If I refer to the racetam I really think it has a problem in releasing the glutamate inside the NMDA receptors because when I take phenylpiracetam I really feel myself ... probably also for the increase in the density of NMDA receptors. Memantine therefore does not have the same mechanism of action as the racetams.

I only hope that the fast has not caused me a strong initial excitement at the glutamate / NMDA level and then lead to neuronal death ... because in this case I could have an injury to the prefrontal cortex ... it would explain why no drug works on me ... apart from piracetam.

Emotionality is strongly compromised, I can not have emotions, empathy, laugh with others ... in fact, I even have to pretend to laugh and the thing is very bad ... there is no spontaneity.

100 Re: My History on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
phenyl90 wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:Phenyl90. No I have not disappeared. My apologies. Away from computer for a while friend. Selegiline can be rough to Withdraw from if you have Panic Disorder but if only short duration, you should be fine.

Hello Area I'm glad to hear from you! I hope you're fine.

So, regarding the memantine from the studies that I read it acts modulating glutamate but in particular it is effective for those who have it at a level and ... in my case it is certainly not high when I take memantine the first 5-6 hours I have a strong depression and depersonalization very accentuated ... in the days it goes to disappear ... certainly I only have benefits on the D2 agonism Dopamine and antagonism of the serotonin receptor.

I'm reinserting the glycine and it seems to have something beneficial.

If I refer to the racetam I really think it has a problem in releasing the glutamate inside the NMDA receptors because when I take phenylpiracetam I really feel myself ... probably also for the increase in the density of NMDA receptors. Memantine therefore does not have the same mechanism of action as the racetams.

I only hope that the fast has not caused me a strong initial excitement at the glutamate / NMDA level and then lead to neuronal death ... because in this case I could have an injury to the prefrontal cortex ... it would explain why no drug works on me ... apart from piracetam.

Emotionality is strongly compromised, I can not have emotions, empathy, laugh with others ... in fact, I even have to pretend to laugh and the thing is very bad ... there is no spontaneity.

See if you can get an MRI or fMRI on your Head...see if the Prefrontal Cortex (by fMRI) is "normal" or not. Structurally, you'd want to see the Frontal Lobe, Striatal Fibres and things like Gray Matter and Volume.

The fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) is ideal and first...but if for some reason you CAN'T get this - just get an MRI or CT scan - although CT scan has a Fair amount of Radiation so I don't typically recommend this unless absolutely necessary.

IF your PFC is damaged - and this is the reasons for being unable to empathize (btw that could originate in limbic system or amygdala etc as well) or have a normal array of Emotions - then it will take neurotrophic agents specific for the PFC.

Look into a few things...
--> NSI-189
--> Dihexa
--> Sulbutiamine (might, might not)

Also - even though from an ENDOCRINE standpoint we do not recommend Amisulpride, it does have damn near miraculous effects on Anhedonia and Emotions (and immediately restores pleasure and emotions for many) - but sustained usage can (of course!) raise Prolactin - and may lead to hormonal imbalance.

So you could study similar things and find what works.

On other levels, the L-Histidine or Conessine type herbs might help but how much would depend on where you are at, neurochemically.

Histamine via H1 stimulates Emotional centers of Brain.
Via H2 stimulates Motivation, desire/libido and ideas/creativity as well as body heat and metabolism as well as work-out-pump.

H3 works the opposite and is responsible for "histamine crash" and also to some extent, Caffeine crash as histamine goes up, then comes back down.

So something like blocking H3 + 12.5 mg of Amisulpride *MIGHT* help in the short-run.

Kpavel might have some suggestions I haven't gotten to.
Just spilling my thoughts.

You could try high-altitude training, resistance training, Cardio workouts, water fasting (1-3 days) - there are a number of Life Style changes that could be relevant - channeling Ambition, focusing on your dreams, practicing creative thinking.

Check HAIR and BLOOD Copper levels.
Sometimes LOW or HIGH blood levels of Copper can lead to
Emotional Dysfunction on multiple levels.
As can IRON EXCESS or CADMIUM Toxicity.

Avoid excessive Carbs in diet as it may lead to "burn-out" and further emotional wasting.

Lastly, check to see if there are other contributing factors - keep your CNS going, and make sure that there isn't an "adrenaline-dominant" state that may be suppressing your ability to "feel". If you are adrenaline-dominant or your Dopamine is converting into Norepinephrine too much - you will have a "too serious" mentality and probably a bit Paranoid - this will lead to lack of Emotions/Empathy.

Adrenaline is = fight-or-flight = neither fighting or running are Emotions or Empathy in that sense....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum