Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A question about curcumin

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A question about curcumin on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Ciprofloxacin


I have saw a topic about curcumin on pssdforum.

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=850


And my post is there:

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=245&start=30

He had used 1000 mg for weeks despite I just ate 6 gram of turmeric with black pepper. It seems it’s far further from harmful dosage but I got bad effects even after 5 min.
It happened exactly 24 hours ago but still nothing changed.

2 Re: A question about curcumin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:25 am

Ciprofloxacin


My heart is pissing me off. Not slowing even on the bed and my tension higher than before.

I don’t know why. Doesn’t 5ht1a agonism must slow my heart rate and blood pressure?
Maybe agonism on 1AR reduced serotonin, thus 1A receptors on the post synaptic side activated less now because 1A mostly located on the presynaptic side on the raphe.
Also I think my memory improved because 1A receptors are located on post side on the hippocampus.

Maybe the 5HT4 agonism is causing it.

Maybe berberine content in the curcumin is causing it.

Whatever, I don’t know why it’s not temporary. Do you think it increased my serotonin syndrome?

3 Re: A question about curcumin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 pm

kpavel

avatar
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Ciprofloxacin wrote:My heart is pissing me off. Not slowing even on the bed and my tension higher than before.

I don’t know why. Doesn’t 5ht1a agonism must slow my heart rate and blood pressure?
Maybe agonism on 1AR reduced serotonin, thus 1A  receptors on the post synaptic side activated less now because 1A mostly located on the presynaptic side on the raphe.
Also I think my memory improved because 1A receptors are located on post side on the hippocampus.

Maybe the 5HT4 agonism is causing it.

Maybe berberine content in the curcumin is causing it.

Whatever, I don’t know why it’s not temporary. Do you think it increased my serotonin syndrome?
May be this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18766332
or this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656109/
or https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/6vqwkd/scary_heart_palpitations_and_tachycardia/
try to add some fiber

4 Re: A question about curcumin on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Ciprofloxacin


https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/95/62/14/c3a69310.jpg

Do you think the qt intervals are normal?

I have saw this link..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25976224/

Maybe because of potassium channels?

What do you think? Can I use berberine for my pssd and mild serotonin syndrome? Can I take it from goldenseal tea?

I was planning to use curcumin but I shouldn’t take any serotonergic herb I guess. Anyway, you know much more than me, I will wait for yours answer.

I will add more fiber in my diet.

5 Re: A question about curcumin on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 am

kpavel

avatar
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Ciprofloxacin wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/95/62/14/c3a69310.jpg

Do you think the qt intervals are normal?

I have saw this link..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25976224/

Maybe because of potassium channels?

What do you think? Can I use berberine for my pssd and mild serotonin syndrome? Can I take it from goldenseal tea?

I was planning to use curcumin but I shouldn’t take any serotonergic herb I guess. Anyway, you know much more than me, I will wait for yours answer.

I will add more fiber in my diet.
I think many of plants active parts modulate one or another enzyme in the liver. Curcumin may induce cyp3a for example. Don't know about goldenseal but I tried barberry root and then berberine extract (from barberry) 1000 mg. I never noticed tension or heart palpitations/racing from them. And I did have problems with that before my bad experience with 5-htp. On the other hand I took several MgSO4 (epsom) solution baths at that month. But still noted palpitations after egcg extract about 2 years later. Again, no problems with berberine (which is up to 4% in goldenseal root it seems, so 25 grams to eat)). Berberine even has a study to increase serotonin re-uptake.
So really it's unfruitful to look for a potassium channel modulator or if a herb increases serotonin. I think on a macro level our problem in part is a lack of potassium and/or magnesium and big problems with calcium movements in cells. Seriously keto is closer to a Western diet (HFD is a scientific term btw).
Well I wrote this and have an idea.
https://www.henriettes-herb.com/blog/hotw-chamomile.html

6 Re: A question about curcumin on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:07 am

Ciprofloxacin


I will try the chamomile tea, I had read that chamomile extract is a 5HT4 antagonist.

Can I ask you that do you know how much berberine does turmeric contain? Is the tree turmeric and turmeric same thing?

7 Re: A question about curcumin on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 am

kpavel

avatar
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Ciprofloxacin wrote:I will try the chamomile tea, I had read that chamomile extract is a 5HT4 antagonist.

Can I ask you that do you know how much berberine does turmeric contain? Is the tree turmeric and turmeric same thing?

Yes.

I couldn't find quickly, but I think barberry is the best source following goldenseal and phellodendron (potent maoi too).

8 Re: A question about curcumin on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am

Ciprofloxacin


I made a mistake, berberis aristata and curcuma longa are not same plant Wink

Area, why my imagination further worsened with turmeric? what do you think? My memory as bad as it also.

Is there anything improve? Should I research the serotonin receptors?

9 Re: A question about curcumin on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 am

kpavel

avatar
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Ciprofloxacin wrote:I made a mistake, berberis aristata and curcuma longa are not same plant Wink

Area, why my imagination further worsened with turmeric? what do you think? My memory as bad as it also.

Is there anything improve? Should I research the serotonin receptors?
Dr. Axe's site mentions curcuma can have berberine, but didn't see that elsewhere.

10 Re: A question about curcumin on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 am

Ciprofloxacin


My cognitive condition is literally shit now. And still continues to getting worse every day anyhow.
I wish I could be in my pre-curc and pre-keto state.

I don’t mind to having zero emotions or taste capability, I just want to think deeply as before.

Most of herbs are not available in my country. I can’t see any other option than L-citrulline and Ginkgo biloba.

What do you prefer other? I want to try zinc but it blocks nitric oxide too.
I was want to not taking anything to keep my growing healthy but I don’t know either my current state giving me persistent damages.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum