Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What I've tried, and what to try

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What I've tried, and what to try Empty What I've tried, and what to try Sun May 17, 2015 4:47 pm

KURU

I'm kuru, 24, man, anhedonic, suicidal and chemically castrated.

PSSD 1+yr Celexa/Prozac. Previously a solid 8"+, now struggle to clear 7.5" on the rare occasions the penis actually works. I am telling myself this isn't permanent shrinkage and can be fixed as it's just poor blood flow, not atrophy or tissue damage.

Anyway, I ended up here and now I need to fix it. Fear of the very real and looming possibilty of having to take my own life has propelled me into putting every bit of energy, money and time I have into reversing the damage and improving myself in any way.

I refuse to live as a eunuch. I want to try everything.

My symptoms are serious. I'm lucky to enjoy a fap twice a month at 80% which I have to work hard for. Morning woods are rare, and more of a morning marshmallow.

What I AM trying everyday, most for 40+ days:
Lean protein diet, cheese, kale, broccoli etc
Vit B, vit k, vit d3
Berberine
Tumeric
Iodine
Evodiamine (nice stim effect for me so I megadose sometimes)
Alpha gpc
Cdp choline
Piracetam
Galantamine
Yohimbine hcl (12mg everyday, gives a warm tingly feeling in balls, sensitivity)
Icariin (same effects as yohimb but weaker)
Gingko
Tyrosine
Hyaluronic acid
Lifting and core exercises
Basic light PEgym routines w/ gentle Ayurveda oils (areas posts there are helpful too)
Rev kegels (picked up bad invol kegel habit on Celexa)
90 days strict no PMO
Yoga + meditation w/ Ayurveda
STOPPED: Ashvaghanda, cacao powder, SJW, garlic

Overall, very slight PSSD improvements with this since adding yohimbine. If I was on this stack in my prime I would have a fucking crowbar in my pants 24/7. But I know these won't fix me overnight.

What I WILL add in the coming weeks:
Light cardio
Highest extract icariin 50%
Mega dose entheogenic cactus soup (self rediscovery, with sitter)
Inositol
Oxiracetam (to briefly get my creativity back with a fav noot)
Mumio
Low dose creatine (don't wanna go bald man)
Arginine, citrulline, taurine, orthinine
Pre workout BCAAs stack
Catuaba
Mucuna pruriens
Ginseng

What I WANT to try, in order:
Cabergoline
Clomid
Ropinirole
Heavy cardio training
an AI? Letro? Zinc?
Segeliline
Histidine
Nootropic stack
Oily fish gels, krill maybe
Ibogaine
High dose vitex
Licorice
Trazodone

Anything I've missed, anything not suitable? Any questions? Suggestions? Criticisms?

I will keep this updated as I slowly add things to the stack, hopefully with good news.

2What I've tried, and what to try Empty Re: What I've tried, and what to try Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 am

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Hi KuRu, have you gotten blood work for any of the normal hormones like estradiol, cortisol, prolactin, total testosterone etc?
The good news is no damage was sustained in your younger years etc.
This based on the way you describe yourself in 'your prime'.

I don't recommend vitex agnus, for prolactin I would go with mucuna pruriens extract or a dopaminergic medication such as requip or cabergoline..however, cabergoline does have some serotonergic activity so you may find requip (ropinirole) to be more tolerable...

There a few things, in terms of estrogen ...it can definitely inhibit the HPTA - but there's no need to lower it unless it shows high in blood work or you are sensitive to it and it is on the higher end of normal.

Additionally, cortisol can be a big issue for those suffering from PSSD and depression.

I suggest , in addition to blood work.

-Phosphatidylserine (PS)
-Dopaminergic , either mucuna pruriens for natural or requip as a drug to take care of prolactin.
-Balance dopaminergic out by using a 5-HT3 antagonist with it.
-Piracetam and Test Force II - to restore adequate NMDA-glutamate activity, which is impaired after long-term SSRI use (part of the reason why mental illness often gets worse after discontinuation, is the NMDA receptor impairment)

KURU wrote:I'm kuru, 24, man, anhedonic, suicidal and chemically castrated.

PSSD 1+yr Celexa/Prozac. Previously a solid 8"+, now struggle to clear 7.5" on the rare occasions the penis actually works. I am telling myself this isn't permanent shrinkage and can be fixed as it's just poor blood flow, not atrophy or tissue damage.

Anyway, I ended up here and now I need to fix it. Fear of the very real and looming possibilty of having to take my own life has propelled me into putting every bit of energy, money and time I have into reversing the damage and improving myself in any way.

I refuse to live as a eunuch. I want to try everything.

My symptoms are serious. I'm lucky to enjoy a fap twice a month at 80% which I have to work hard for. Morning woods are rare, and more of a morning marshmallow.

What I AM trying everyday, most for 40+ days:
Lean protein diet, cheese, kale, broccoli etc
Vit B, vit k, vit d3
Berberine
Tumeric
Iodine
Evodiamine (nice stim effect for me so I megadose sometimes)
Alpha gpc
Cdp choline
Piracetam
Galantamine
Yohimbine hcl (12mg everyday, gives a warm tingly feeling in balls, sensitivity)
Icariin (same effects as yohimb but weaker)
Gingko
Tyrosine
Hyaluronic acid
Lifting and core exercises
Basic light PEgym routines w/ gentle Ayurveda oils (areas posts there are helpful too)
Rev kegels (picked up bad invol kegel habit on Celexa)
90 days strict no PMO
Yoga + meditation w/ Ayurveda
STOPPED: Ashvaghanda, cacao powder, SJW, garlic

Overall, very slight PSSD improvements with this since adding yohimbine. If I was on this stack in my prime I would have a fucking crowbar in my pants 24/7. But I know these won't fix me overnight.

What I WILL add in the coming weeks:
Light cardio
Highest extract icariin 50%
Mega dose entheogenic cactus soup (self rediscovery, with sitter)
Inositol
Oxiracetam (to briefly get my creativity back with a fav noot)
Mumio
Low dose creatine (don't wanna go bald man)
Arginine, citrulline, taurine, orthinine
Pre workout BCAAs stack
Catuaba
Mucuna pruriens
Ginseng

What I WANT to try, in order:
Cabergoline
Clomid
Ropinirole
Heavy cardio training
an AI? Letro? Zinc?
Segeliline
Histidine
Nootropic stack
Oily fish gels, krill maybe
Ibogaine
High dose vitex
Licorice
Trazodone

Anything I've missed, anything not suitable? Any questions? Suggestions? Criticisms?

I will keep this updated as I slowly add things to the stack, hopefully with good news.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

3What I've tried, and what to try Empty Re: What I've tried, and what to try Mon May 18, 2015 12:30 pm

KURU

Hi area was going to update anyway as I had a 'window' after my op

Unfortunately I can't simply request a blood test or see an endocrinologist, there has to be a reason to be referred, and my last test (1yr) came up all within normal ranges - which doesn't help my case.
I have to buy all these meds myself via shady web pharmacies, the hypocritical drugpeddling cowboy who ruined me in the first instance recommended against, said I had no clue what I was doing... As mentioned, I'm not seeing that doc again.

I am on my own with the Internet for help. When I next see the shrink I am going to ask for bloods, she is more receptive to my concerns and maybe less bound by bureaucracy. Waiting lists are an issue however, so for now I'm still waiting for the appointment.

PS sounds really great, looks just like what I've been missing. TF2 has a scary roidy-name but also sounds good. 5ht3 antagonists I'll find. Mucuna pruriens i am glad you mentioned because it should be here any day now. Thanks so much for the suggestions I will enjoy reading about these and incorporating them. I also look forward to coming back to the topic with an improved stack.

As for the window, I took everything as normal but ate a huge dose of icariin and the rest of the evodiamine (5g). There goes my 'strict' nofap which im disappointed about... But for a few flashes, EQ was near 90%+ and VERY warm to touch like I was 22 again, I didn't get a chance to measure because it would've went flaccid as I went to find a ruler.. But, lots of healthy looking ejaculate. Anhedonic O still I guess, but one of the better ones in a while for sure.

PRL must be super high because while there is some desire to return to that state, the penis will not make it past 60% EQ even after sleeping. This is androgens coming back after sleep wanting more, but PRL is still lingering? Makes sense...

I won't feel like this window for a while especially with no more icariin/evo left. Hope a short hiatus won't ruin gains. Bloods would be interesting to analyse now.

Do you recommend fapping 6hrs before blood-test or something?

I have many more questions after today but I struggle to articulate them and doubt I'd understand the answers. I've enough to go over until i get my bloodwork.
Till next time.

4What I've tried, and what to try Empty Re: What I've tried, and what to try Mon May 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

You almost certainly have a prolactin issue, most people who are on or have been on SSRI's do...a few other psychotropic drugs as in the anti-psychotic class and the benzoapironone class can cause prolactin release as well, e.g buspirone and such can raise prolactin..part of the reason I don't recommend .

On the other hand, some pharmaceuticals can be very helpful, ketanserin tartrate is an option but is very expensive, at about 80 bucks for a 3 week supply, but it blocks the serotonin 2A with exceptional, almost unparalleled potency...this results in drastic decreases in cortisol and prolactin, and helps to tolerate stress issues.

Definitely go with mucuna pruriens, you can contact me via area1255x@gmail.com   and I can tend to your inquiries of where to find a multitude of substances.

Tropisetron and ondansetron are two examples of pharma 5-hT3 antagonists - they can help anxiety and OCD as well as hypo-glutamatergism . By blocking the pore of the receptor-ion integrator you are able to effectively inhibit serotonin induced electrical activity and thus improve gamma and alpha wave activity.

Also brother, do me a favor and  e-mail INFO @ THT.CO  , let them know that you would like to see them back online and selling "WAY 100 635" this is a compound that will provide remarkable success in the area of PSSD research and is one huge step forward in finding a cure and may even cure many itself...once it's available.

It's a dual dopamine agonist and serotonin antagonist, when released, it will be the only compound on the market that has a strong, literally unparalleled affinity  towards the 5-HT1A receptor. Keep in mind, that antagonizing the receptor is only for some people, namely that in which have hypo-active aggression or under-motivated, if you are pre-disposed to impulsivity or violence..it may not be for you or you should tread carefully and use very very low doses at first..it does have excellent nootropic activity and can prevent memory loss from amnesics and can counter a variety of other toxic/memory abating substances.

KURU wrote:Hi area was going to update anyway as I had a 'window' after my op

Unfortunately I can't simply request a blood test or see an endocrinologist, there has to be a reason to be referred, and my last test (1yr) came up all within normal ranges - which doesn't help my case.
I have to buy all these meds myself via shady web pharmacies, the hypocritical drugpeddling cowboy who ruined me in the first instance recommended against, said I had no clue what I was doing... As mentioned, I'm not seeing that doc again.

I am on my own with the Internet for help. When I next see the shrink I am going to ask for bloods, she is more receptive to my concerns and maybe less bound by bureaucracy. Waiting lists are an issue however, so for now I'm still waiting for the appointment.

PS sounds really great, looks just like what I've been missing. TF2 has a scary roidy-name but also sounds good. 5ht3 antagonists I'll find. Mucuna pruriens i am glad you mentioned because it should be here any day now. Thanks so much for the suggestions I will enjoy reading about these and incorporating them. I also look forward to coming back to the topic with an improved stack.

As for the window, I took everything as normal but ate a huge dose of icariin and the rest of the evodiamine (5g). There goes my 'strict' nofap which im disappointed about... But for a few flashes, EQ was near 90%+ and VERY warm to touch like I was 22 again, I didn't get a chance to measure because it would've went flaccid as I went to find a ruler.. But, lots of healthy looking ejaculate. Anhedonic O still I guess, but one of the better ones in a while for sure.  

PRL must be super high because while there is some desire to return to that state, the penis will not make it past 60% EQ even after sleeping. This is androgens coming back after sleep wanting more, but PRL is still lingering? Makes sense...

I won't feel like this window for a while especially with no more icariin/evo left. Hope a short hiatus won't ruin gains. Bloods would be interesting to analyse now.

Do you recommend fapping 6hrs before blood-test or something?

I have many more questions after today but I struggle to articulate them and doubt I'd understand the answers. I've enough to go over until i get my bloodwork.
Till next time.

5What I've tried, and what to try Empty Re: What I've tried, and what to try Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 am

KURU

Updating because I finished the stack 1 week ago. I popped a lot of caps, strange powders, concoctions, plants and puked some of them back up, but I will just try to detail what has worked for me the best I can. There's been substantial improvement but it's still early days and I'm not counting on it to last forever. I'm by no means 100%, more like 70% and accept I will not be 100% for probably some years. But it's significant progress nonetheless.

The cactus session made me realise I was going about treating this the wrong way. I know this is a neuroscience forum not erowid exp vault even though there's a psychedelics subforum...but it helped to reinforce what I already knew, though maybe didn't want to admit at the time. I also felt the effects of this trip were largely diminished by the lingering anhedonia from SSRI use but I've never taken cacti before so I cannot make a proper comparison. I'd like to try psilocybin again to see if the effects are diminished by post SSRI symptoms - I'd wager so.

Anyway, after this trip I crashed hard, stopped exercise and hit major depression+PSSD. I expected something like this so it wasn't a shock. I kept taking the supps however. I've been resting since then trying not to think about PSSD, which helped. I've seen flashes of improvements so I know it's possible to get better. When my penis wants to fix itself it will fix itself but now is not the time. Ultimately I'm more positive after seeing it from that perspective. 1 week from finishing the stack overall I feel better.

What worked for me in order of effectiveness:
---
Icariin (buy a strong smelly extract like i did and I promise this will work, build up to 2g/day. next time I try PSSD therapy I'm ordering 1kg of potent flowery 40%)
---
Mumio (1g day 1g at night this works great and you will notice improvements. Don't bother with those tiny fingernail doses they recommend. mine was the high mountain type. I regret not buying more)
---
DAA+sarcosine (no surprises here as to its efficacy. But as I suspected it made me shed lots of hair so I stopped. Any other sides I can deal with but not MPB sorry!! I'm still shedding 3wks after cessation so it's probably too late... I am sensitive to hair loss though so most people will be fine)
---
Yohimbine. If you like dirty stims then put this in the top 3. It works but I wouldn't take it again unless I'm working out hardcore - same with DAA.
---
Berberine maybe?? I did 1g+ per day for 3 months. When I stopped a few times I was in such an awful mood which corrected after dosing again so this works in some way. Didn't notice a change in pssd symptoms though.
---
Others worth mentioning are arginine, cordyceps for energy and astragalus, galantamine for sleep.

PS before bed didn't do anything that I could notice, and I made sure I bought high quality product. Alpha GPC/cdp seemed to do nothing. Turmeric - nothing. Tyrosine and other amino acids - nothing. Ginseng+ginkgo for 3 whole months did nothing...

As you have probably noticed I took so much stuff together and I'm not very sensitive to many substances so it's hard to say for sure. Pinch-of-salt. It's possible mucuna p. Is responsible for alot but I just attributed it to something else, for example. I will introduce substances into the stack more slowly next time.

I also tried a more expensive brand of SJW w/hypercin&hyperforin 900mg/day and this definitely improved MW. Along with crazy dreams, improved mood and cold sweats at night (typical sides I got from citalopram). No lasting effects after stopping. Cheap SJW did nothing.

Right now for a few days I've been taking reishi, mag l-threonate, vit k, D3 and when this runs out in about 14 days I won't buy anything more until the time is right. But this little combo has stabilised me. I still do rev-kegels and PE from time to time which helps but you do have to be careful and allow for rest when doing PE exercises.

In conclusion, I can reach decent EQ on demand if I concentrate, numbness around base has lessened, soft glans improved, sensitivity is better... but refractory period is only slightly better and I still never get MW despite being 3 weeks into nofap! Tempted to try SJW again for this but I'm enjoying being clean for now...

Finally I want to say, if you follow areas regime or any PSSD treatment for that matter, be sure to take the pills daily and ignore the minor side effects - you might well see improvements.
I see many sufferers quit a substance because "it makes me feel anxious or depressed" well no shit, that means it's working. My side effects came on late, but I knew quitting meant I'd be back to where I was.
If they aren't severe symptoms stick with it and see what happens because I felt NOTHING after nearly 2 months!

Next time I will try the pharms. My appointment is 1 month away. After that blood results should come in.

6What I've tried, and what to try Empty Re: What I've tried, and what to try Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Thanks for the update brother, glad to hear you had some improvements!

You might also want to try Piracetam and higenamine.
That , those two plus caffeine should be a pretty synergistic combo...

KURU wrote:Updating because I finished the stack 1 week ago. I popped a lot of caps, strange powders, concoctions, plants and puked some of them back up, but I will just try to detail what has worked for me the best I can. There's been substantial improvement but it's still early days and I'm not counting on it to last forever. I'm by no means 100%, more like 70% and accept I will not be 100% for probably some years. But it's significant progress nonetheless.

The cactus session made me realise I was going about treating this the wrong way. I know this is a neuroscience forum not erowid exp vault even though there's a psychedelics subforum...but it helped to reinforce what I already knew, though maybe didn't want to admit at the time. I also felt the effects of this trip were largely diminished by the lingering anhedonia from SSRI use but I've never taken cacti before so I cannot make a proper comparison. I'd like to try psilocybin again to see if the effects are diminished by post SSRI symptoms - I'd wager so.

Anyway, after this trip I crashed hard, stopped exercise and hit major depression+PSSD. I expected something like this so it wasn't a shock. I kept taking the supps however. I've been resting since then trying not to think about PSSD, which helped. I've seen flashes of improvements so I know it's possible to get better. When my penis wants to fix itself it will fix itself but now is not the time. Ultimately I'm more positive after seeing it from that perspective. 1 week from finishing the stack overall I feel better.

What worked for me in order of effectiveness:
---
Icariin (buy a strong smelly extract like i did and I promise this will work, build up to 2g/day. next time I try PSSD therapy I'm ordering 1kg of potent flowery 40%)
---
Mumio (1g day 1g at night this works great and you will notice improvements. Don't bother with those tiny fingernail doses they recommend. mine was the high mountain type. I regret not buying more)
---
DAA+sarcosine (no surprises here as to its efficacy. But as I suspected it made me shed lots of hair so I stopped. Any other sides I can deal with but not MPB sorry!! I'm still shedding 3wks after cessation so it's probably too late... I am sensitive to hair loss though so most people will be fine)
---
Yohimbine. If you like dirty stims then put this in the top 3. It works but I wouldn't take it again unless I'm working out hardcore - same with DAA.
---
Berberine maybe?? I did 1g+ per day for 3 months. When I stopped a few times I was in such an awful mood which corrected after dosing again so this works in some way. Didn't notice a change in pssd symptoms though.
---
Others worth mentioning are arginine, cordyceps for energy and astragalus, galantamine for sleep.

PS before bed didn't do anything that I could notice, and I made sure I bought high quality product. Alpha GPC/cdp seemed to do nothing. Turmeric - nothing. Tyrosine and other amino acids - nothing. Ginseng+ginkgo for 3 whole months did nothing...

As you have probably noticed I took so much stuff together and I'm not very sensitive to many substances so it's hard to say for sure. Pinch-of-salt. It's possible mucuna p. Is responsible for alot but I just attributed it to something else, for example. I will introduce substances into the stack more slowly next time.

I also tried a more expensive brand of SJW w/hypercin&hyperforin 900mg/day and this definitely improved MW. Along with crazy dreams, improved mood and cold sweats at night (typical sides I got from citalopram). No lasting effects after stopping. Cheap SJW did nothing.

Right now for a few days I've been taking reishi, mag l-threonate, vit k, D3 and when this runs out in about 14 days I won't buy anything more until the time is right. But this little combo has stabilised me. I still do rev-kegels and PE from time to time which helps but you do have to be careful and allow for rest when doing PE exercises.

In conclusion, I can reach decent EQ on demand if I concentrate, numbness around base has lessened, soft glans improved, sensitivity is better... but refractory period is only slightly better and I still never get MW despite being 3 weeks into nofap! Tempted to try SJW again for this but I'm enjoying being clean for now...

Finally I want to say, if you follow areas regime or any PSSD treatment for that matter, be sure to take the pills daily and ignore the minor side effects - you might well see improvements.
I see many sufferers quit a substance because "it makes me feel anxious or depressed" well no shit, that means it's working. My side effects came on late, but I knew quitting meant I'd be back to where I was.
If they aren't severe symptoms stick with it and see what happens because I felt NOTHING after nearly 2 months!

Next time I will try the pharms. My appointment is 1 month away. After that blood results should come in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum