Since then ive tried several medication and suppliments, with mixed results:
- Wellbutrin, didnt help me at all, felt rushed without any positive impact on libido. My least preferred AD so-far.
- Aurorix/moclobemide. After 2 weeks it offered a 1 week window where i felt uplifted, fog-free and libido at 90%. Effect didnt last and the medication didnt do anything on mood so i quite.
- Muira puama, after 1 week it restored my libido, but also for about 1 week, after which the effect went away.
- St.Johns wort, didnt do much on low dose, on a higher dose it gave me another window of about 5 days. No effect on longer term so i quite after 2 months.
- Maca, didnt do much on normal dose so stopped after a month.
- Mirtazapine, didnt do much on mood. It did caused stronger erections, but that was only at the beginning and the food cravings stayed as the only effect, so i stopped.
I could really use input to explain these windows and i hope to find the magic bullet that helps me. I know that depression can mess up a body, but i really feel this is the effect of the SSRI, rather than effects of a depression.
Since this month, i have been taking gingko, at the recommended dosage (60mg). I do feel my brainfog is less, but libido isnt better.
My own search brought me to tianeptine, but it's a bit of a hassle to get it in my country, so before i order it i would like to hear your thoughts on this. In theory it makes alot of sense, and it's a rather safe medicine to give a shot.
I'd appreciate all knowlegable feedback and experiences!