Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how explain pssd after one pill

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how explain pssd after one pill  Empty how explain pssd after one pill Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 pm

dav779

because in many neuronal change induced by ssri, it's often specified (chronic/long term ssri use) but for me and many others pssd sufferers all hapenned after the first pill and for my case there was only one pill (10mg lexapro) i stopped just after and since (3 years and a half ago) i'm still almost completely impotent, zero libido and incapacity to develop love or attachement emotions...

area 1255 have you read the study (probably yes) :

Epigenetic side-effects of common pharmaceuticals (i can't post external links but you can google it, the entire study is disponible at researchgate.net)

they said ssri and others drugs can change the body at a very low level like dna methylation or chromatin alteration and it's hardly to reverse

i would your opinion ?

also before taking this pill, i was very depressed, i was suffering of the loneliness pretty hard, i was also very nostalgic and melancholic but since my mood is very very good, i'm happy to live while my life is a total mess... how it's possible ? 5ht1a persistent activation ?

ps : i'm also a sufferer of accutane induced hot flashes/flushing of the face and chest (it was several years before pssd and i also took accutane at a very low dose and only one week)

thank you Smile

2how explain pssd after one pill  Empty Re: how explain pssd after one pill Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

dav779 wrote:because in many neuronal change induced by ssri, it's often specified (chronic/long term ssri use) but for me and many others pssd sufferers all hapenned after the first pill and for my case there was only one pill (10mg lexapro) i stopped just after and since (3 years and a half ago) i'm still almost completely impotent, zero libido and incapacity to develop love or attachement emotions...

area 1255 have you read the study (probably yes) :

Epigenetic side-effects of common pharmaceuticals (i can't post external links but you can google it, the entire study is disponible at researchgate.net)

they said ssri and others drugs can change the body at a very low level like dna methylation or chromatin alteration and it's hardly to reverse

i would your opinion ?

also before taking this pill, i was very depressed, i was suffering of the loneliness pretty hard, i was also very nostalgic and melancholic but since my mood is very very good, i'm happy to live while my life is a total mess... how it's possible ? 5ht1a persistent activation ?

ps : i'm also a sufferer of accutane induced hot flashes/flushing of the face and chest (it was several years before pssd and i also took accutane at a very low dose and only one week)

thank you Smile

Accutane is horrible first off, it kills cells in multiple brain regions; including the hypothalamus. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20708044

So THAT may have had a more pronounced effect if you have a pre-disposition, or say since you already were depressed..this probably didn't help the situation.

I find that after one pill, there is almost zero chance you will get PSSD, and it's possible that it is psychogenic, I'm not saying it's all in your head, or that you "need to see a therapist" like the guy on our opposing forum sais on a multitude of occasions. I do think that at least some of it is biological, but it would have to be because of your own personal sensitivity to such issues..

In simple terms, you need to check your actual hypothalamus.

If you can get blood work on prolactin, Estrogen, T3 and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), or at least TSH & T4, and testosterone; free and total, then we would be off to a good start.

Some people just have naturally high serotonin which leads to prolactin and other issues, including psychological, so a lot of times hypochondria or other psychological issues begin with the biological basis and then are exacerbated by our own perpetuation of these issues...which is made worse if we self-condition ourselves to worry about it even more.

Typical issues related to high serotonin would be sensitivity or over-sensitivity to a variety of substances, stressors, foods etc, very similar to how histamine affects you in some ways...in addition, psychotic disorders, delirium, delusions, hallucinations and agitation can occur with elevated serotonin as well as behavioral changes such as lessening of self-grooming, loss of interest in emotional connections or emotions in general as you say, indifference or apathy...

Other issues with high serotonin would be diarrhea, persistent nausea, anorexia or bulimia, obsessions or obsessiveness in general, neurotic vanity as they say, distorted thinking including in perception of others...high blood pressure or low blood pressure, or trouble regulating blood pressure, heart issues including in VO2Max and oxygenation.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum