Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trazodone gave me PSSD

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Trazodone gave me PSSD Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Trazohell

Hello everybody,

First I would like to say that I am new here and hope to be able to contribute well in this forum. I apologize for any grammatical mistakes, I myself come from Germany and translate most via google.

Now my story: (please read it, I'll try to be brief)

I've been dealing with genital numbness long before I've ever taken a psychotropic drug. I have had pronounced depression and anxiety since around 2012. My first antidepressant was fluoxetine, which I gave myself in the summer of 2015. I loved it at first: it did not make me feel negative things so strong but I was not a "zombie". It also seemed to improve my genital numbness, all worked fine. In conjunction with alcohol, it gave me a wonderful, light feeling that I will never forget. In the spring of 2016, I switched to fluvoxamine, as fluoxetine barely helped me against anxiety, and the effect seemed to be abating in general. I call it about a year until the spring of 2017. Since this also only weakly helped against fears, and also hardly any effect, I put it off. A few days later, I got genital feeling numbness, but at the time I still had a girl and a strong libido. I first came across PSSD but thought maybe my depression just came back and PSSD is a scientific hyphenation. The numbness improved fortunately within 2-3 months, at the end of the year my libido and feeling was more intense than ever. All I had to do was look at a woman's as and I was excited. My experience with drugs was rather positive until then.

Now comes the misery: In a clinic (where my libido was so good) I had Trazodone prescribed. I had constant sleep disturbances and fears, depression was well under control. I took 100 mg for one week, I got restless legs syndrome and could hardly sleep. My libido was fast in the basement, as I've never known it in my life. I did not know sexual discomfort until then. I still could get an erection, but orgasm was not so intense and my sperm was waterier than usual. I thought (unfortunately) I let the drug adjust something to my system. From the second week on was dosed to 200 mg, I was finally able to sleep. But I became so dizzy and generally uncomfortable with Trazodone. I really felt like a zombie, almost remotely controlled. It felt like acid was eating through my spine, as soon as I took the pills on my tongue she became numb. I also got spontaneous erections, but when I tried to do it on purpose, it barely worked. So I set off Trazodone after 9 days (7 * 100mg, 2 * 200mg).

My worst nightmare came true. I got genital numbness, my libido just did not return. I also noticed an emotional numbness. Since I knew PSSD really exists. I never thought that my life would be so changed by 11 stupid pills. I insisted on Trazodone because I wanted to prevent PSSD, and now I seem to have it. All I wanted to do was sleep again and not have any constant anxiety attacks anymore.

The withdraw is now 1 1/2 months ago. I still have almost no libido, and genital numbness. Also sometimes testicular pain. I feel cold and warmth, and pain, but hardly any normal touch. My theory is that it might have something to do with 5HT2 receptors. I have tolerated SSRI well until then and Trazodone very weakly inhibits serotonin, and only from higher doses. I was just 200, it can be dosed to 400. But it is a 5HT2 antagonist, and this activated is bad for anxiety but good for libido I read. And now I have no more anxiety since years. No SSRI und therapy helped me really at that point. But the price is no libido and numbness, it seams that Trazodone put a switch in the brain. Maybe it has something to do with dopamine receptor too, because I had restless legs under Trazo.

I am currently trying St. John's Wort to cure. Also Ginko, Maca, Omega3, Vitamin D and B12. It seems to help a little, but sports seem to help me the most. Sometimes I feel something like arousal again, but it's hardly fun because it feels so numb. I sometimes have brain zaps too, is that a good sign?

regards

2Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm

kpavel

kpavel
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight

Hello, Trazohell.

Well maybe you managed to have an illegal compound in your body. Look here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-Chlorophenylpiperazine

3Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:24 pm

kpavel

kpavel

I have an idea for you to repeat recent report on pssdforum
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17056034
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166432800001856
since the research shows this is possible.

Also pay attention how ginkgo works for numbness (in me slightly positively).
You may try yohimbine after it.
Of course metergoline was used by siebs on our forum with some success too.

4Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 am

Trazohell

Wow, that's very interesting for me.
I have had anxiety disorder and depersonalization for years, and only 9 days of tablets has reduced it by almost 100%.
There are studies showing that opioidergic systems are involved in depersonalization disorder.
So you think that my sciatic nerve is damaged?
It would also explain my pain in the groin because the urologist could not find anything.

Anyway, the pain is gone, BUT I still have pretty numb testicles and low libido.
I think and hope it can only get better with time.
Any ideas how I can help?
Vitamin B12 injections and turmeric for nerve regeneration?

5Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 am

kpavel

kpavel

No, I didn't think of any specific damage. I think that changes are of global reversible (maybe slowly) character because mu receptors are from anti-anxiety ones. I only think they don't work properly because of drugs.

Yes why not Smile
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1743919113010376
but they talk about curcumin. I even read about intranasal curcumin to treat alzheimer's
https://www.j-alz.com/content/inhalable-curcumin-potential-treatment-herpes-simplex-virus-type-1-associated-alzheimer%E2%80%99s

6Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 am

Trazohell

Okay thanks, next time I try B12 with curcumin again. Last year I used them when I have numbness from Fluvoxamine. Maybe it is reversible again, but never again on serotonin-acting antidepressants then.
The only thing I would try is Brupopirone if it is not better in a year.
But I'm still optimistic ...

7Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am

Trazohell

It's very crazy. After jogging I have a short window in which almost everything feels normal again.
Libido seems to come back slowly, yesterday I mastubiert 3 times for the first time since Trazodon again.
Maybe I also miss Dopamine? It would explain why I am emotionally a bit duller than before.
Also doe testicles hang less often now, the scrotum is firmer when I am excited.
Unfortunately, numbness does not really change anything, it seems to be the most persistent symptom and also the most disturbing.
But scrotum is more numb than dick???

8Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am

kpavel

kpavel

https://area1255.blogspot.ru/2016/03/symptoms-of-high-norepinephrinenoradren.html

Exercise helps for sure. I think powerful exercise is more effective.
I prefer football exercises|playing or kettlebells

Do you drink coffee, does it make you more nervous or is it only mild mood enhancement? I think coffee enhances dopamine but doesn't remove emotional 'numbness'.

9Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 am

Trazohell

Hello,

I just talked to my urologist. The hormone levels are great, Testostgeron even slightly increased.

Testosterone: 9.79 ng / ml
Prolactibn: 12.85 ng / ml

What does that mean now? Receptors in the ass?
I still remember how I got restless legs syndrome with Trazodon, which has something to do with dopamine like libido.
Still barely libido and numb penis / testicles Sad

10Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 am

Trazohell

No, I don't drink coffe. Today I stopp St. Johns Wort, no more improvements for me.
I just go with exercise, maca and ginko now. And try to eat healthy.

11Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

kpavel

kpavel

Trazohell wrote:Hello,

I just talked to my urologist. The hormone levels are great, Testostgeron even slightly increased.

Testosterone: 9.79 ng / ml
Prolactibn: 12.85 ng / ml

What does that mean now? Receptors in the ass?
I still remember how I got restless legs syndrome with Trazodon, which has something to do with dopamine like libido.
Still barely libido and numb penis / testicles Sad
RLS is a thing closely discussed with akathisia. Definitely connected with dopamine. Likely with D2 receptors. Anxious persons have a lack of them or their subtype (s or l).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16931508
I think that guy which has success with pramipexole now on pssdforum modified his mu opioid receptors similar to varicocele-guy who used naltrexone.
Your prolactin is close to normal. Better get progesterone, estradiol, igf-1 bilirubin dht aldosterone cortisol shbg thyroid-panel levels. More chance to note something. Guys with pssd usually don't have too low testosterone or very high prolactin.

12Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:44 am

Trazohell

All this is too much for me, too much science of which I understand nothing, too much possible damage.
I will first try to live as healthy as possible, and first take a break from PSSD forums.
But I will contact you if it gets better or not in few mounths.

13Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am

kpavel

kpavel

Trazohell wrote:All this is too much for me, too much science of which I understand nothing, too much possible damage.
I will first try to live as healthy as possible, and first take a break from PSSD forums.
But I will contact you if it gets better or not in few mounths.

I understand, I don't like drugs too. Those two are not sweets). Bigmum on pssdforum also chose discipline and has some success.
By the way people without anhedonia choose like sweet)

14Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Trazohell

Hello,
it's me again. I am making some progress, St. John's wort seems to help, but it will be especially good if I stop.
I have omitted it for 5 days now, but it is getting worse, also mentally, so I start again. Maybe there are improvements again.
In addition Ginkgo, I read both in combination are good against anxiety and depression.
But I hope they do not interact with each other?

Anyway, I noticed today that I feel completely normal under the scrotum, it is the place where the testicular suture is.
It even tickles.
Could it be more of a nervous and muscle problem than "real" PSSD?
My skin is also totally shriveled and stretchy on the scrotum, it is to despair.
I also massage here with St. John's wort oil.
WTF did Trazodon with me ???

15Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

kpavel

kpavel

The induction of CYP1A2, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 by six trade herbal products in cultured primary human hepatocytes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214607
The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro inductive potential of six commonly used trade herbal products on CYP1A2, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 metabolic activities. Herbal components were extracted from the trade products in a way that ensured a composition equal to that present in the original product. Primary human hepatocytes and specific CYP substrates were used. Classic inducers were used as positive controls and herbal extracts were added in in vivo-relevant concentrations. Metabolites were determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). St. John's wort and common valerian were the strongest inducing herbs. In addition to induction of CYP3A4 by St. John's wort, common valerian and Ginkgo biloba increased the activity of CYP3A4 and 2D6 and CYP1A2 and 2D6, respectively. A general inhibitory potential was observed for horse chestnut, Echinacea purpurea and common sage. St. John's wort inhibited CYP3A4 metabolism at the highest applied concentration. Horse chestnut might be a herb with high inhibition potentials in vivo and should be explored further at lower concentrations. We show for the first time that G. biloba may exert opposite and biphasic effects on CYP1A2 and CYP2D6 metabolism. Induction of CYP1A2 and inhibition of CYP2D6 were found at low concentrations; the opposite was observed at high concentrations. CYP2D6 activity, regarded generally as non-inducible, was increased by exposure to common valerian (linear to dose) and G. biloba (highest concentration). An allosteric activation is suggested. From the data obtained, G. biloba, common valerian and St. John's wort are suggested as candidates for clinically significant CYP interactions in vivo.

I made a link above that trazodone is converted in liver into mcpp via cyp3a4. So maybe something is happening in the liver.
If sensations are more natural|pleasurable, no burning, I think it's for the better.
In pssd many mention @wrinkling@ on penis shaft in calm state. You are likely under increased inflammation likely, so many mention worsened skin. But this varies. I'm also not sure that sjw oil is perfect for skin. Maybe the opposite. Google 'st john's wort skin tingling'. It also causes photosensitivity. And may upregulate 5ht2a after a while (which may be good from several points and bad from other points).

16Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 am

Trazohell

Omg, I take curcumin before Trazodone as natural antidepressant.
But it activates CYP3A4.
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep06587
And Priperine inhibits CYP3A4.

But I stopped using curcumin two full days before trazodone, so I do not think it interacted.
Some shit happened in my body.
The strange thing is, in the evening my symptoms get worse, at lunchtime I almost feel like the old one.
120 mg ginkgo in the morning, 900 mg St. John's wort in the evening.
It's a fucking sickness.

17Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 am

kpavel

kpavel

Trazohell wrote:Omg, I take curcumin before Trazodone as natural antidepressant.
But it activates CYP3A4.
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep06587
And Priperine inhibits CYP3A4.

But I stopped using curcumin two full days before trazodone, so I do not think it interacted.
Some shit happened in my body.
The strange thing is, in the evening my symptoms get worse, at lunchtime I almost feel like the old one.
120 mg ginkgo in the morning, 900 mg St. John's wort in the evening.
It's a fucking sickness.
I just yesterday read spruce30 on survivingantidepressants where he said he is worse in the evening. Maybe it's some degree of imagination getting worse? Then I would suggest it's cortisol. But in me there wasn't such a thing except when I took niacin (maybe, I don't remember).

18Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 am

Trazohell

I took now 450 mg SJW in the morning and 450 mg in the evening, also 120 mg Ginko in the morning and 120 mg in the evening. And It seems to help.
Yesterday I felt my testicles again for a long time and masturbated 3 times a day like in the old days.
But still everything "numb".

What I noticed today with the exact feel of the pain, it seems to radiate from the testicle (or vice versa) to a point in the thigh.
The skin on the penis also feels slightly damaged and painful, but minimal.
It is strange ...

Is "Area-1255" Admin still active here? Maybe he can say something too to my symptoms?

19Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Trazohell wrote:I took now 450 mg SJW in the morning and 450 mg in the evening, also 120 mg Ginko in the morning and 120 mg in the evening. And It seems to help.
Yesterday I felt my testicles again for a long time and masturbated 3 times a day like in the old days.
But still everything "numb".

What I noticed today with the exact feel of the pain, it seems to radiate from the testicle (or vice versa) to a point in the thigh.
The skin on the penis also feels slightly damaged and painful, but minimal.
It is strange ...

Is "Area-1255" Admin still active here? Maybe he can say something too to my symptoms?
Hello Trazohell, my apologies, I have been very busy with other work.
If Ginkgo is helping as well as SJW; its likely there is a Dopamine:Noreinephrine imbalance...probably too much Norepinephrine. Its hard to say though.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

20Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 am

Trazohell

Hm... you mean it would be okay to try bupropione? Or better wait with another drug if it not better in one year?

21Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:58 pm

kpavel

kpavel

NOticed this in the comments here
@Flowergirl
I take LDN for a painful variant of Restless Leg Syndrome and also Polymyalgia...it has stopped both and I am now free of the pain and symptoms caused by these debilitating diseases for the first time in five years.@

22Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:16 am

Trazohell

Hey guys, I'm back.
I'm done with the whole thing, I wanted to go out yesterday but I could not.
I've lost all cravings, not just sexually.
I start to think of suicide, but I want to live, I want to make it through this hellish illness.

We need to analyze my situation: Why did I tolerate fluoxetine and fluvoxamine, but not trazodone?
Or did Trazodon only give me the rest?

Anyway, I know St. John's wort with ginkgo gave me windows of improvement, both emotionally and sexually (libido).
But it made Numbness a little worse and it took me a long time to orgasm.

Now I take turmeric and maca, also a lot of green tea. It seems to help my nervous system.
I again took again one ginkgo pill and feel me dizzy and got more numbness, so I better leave Ginkgo.
I read on the internet that it is a 5HT1 agonist, since Trazodone is also this, I think the problem is there. Plus too little dopamine.
Maybe I should have taken St. John's wort longer until it is up-regulated 5ht1?
Since Ginkgo protects 5HT1 from desensitization, I thought it would be the cure for PSSD with the theory that St. John's wort 5HT1 upregulate and Ginkgo sensitizes it. And both of them increase dopamine.
Is this approach good?

I feelt psychologically "great" with this combination, but I'm worry to make PSSD worse with that.

23Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Trazohell wrote:Hey guys, I'm back.
I'm done with the whole thing, I wanted to go out yesterday but I could not.
I've lost all cravings, not just sexually.
I start to think of suicide, but I want to live, I want to make it through this hellish illness.

We need to analyze my situation: Why did I tolerate fluoxetine and fluvoxamine, but not trazodone?
Or did Trazodon only give me the rest?

Anyway, I know St. John's wort with ginkgo gave me windows of improvement, both emotionally and sexually (libido).
But it made Numbness a little worse and it took me a long time to orgasm.

Now I take turmeric and maca, also a lot of green tea. It seems to help my nervous system.
I again took again one ginkgo pill and feel me dizzy and got more numbness, so I better leave Ginkgo.
I read on the internet that it is a 5HT1 agonist, since Trazodone is also this, I think the problem is there. Plus too little dopamine.
Maybe I should have taken St. John's wort longer until it is up-regulated 5ht1?
Since Ginkgo protects 5HT1 from desensitization, I thought it would be the cure for PSSD with the theory that St. John's wort 5HT1 upregulate and Ginkgo sensitizes it. And both of them increase dopamine.
Is this approach good?

I feelt psychologically "great" with this combination, but I'm worry to make PSSD worse with that.

5-HT1A moves AGAINST arousal but promotes libido. At least that's the theory. This goes for Men only. Because 5-HT1A is a CONTRACTILE receptor, it causes penile vasoconstriction.

In the Brain however, it has plenty of benefits; including being neuroprotective, pro-dopamine etc.
If you are experiencing numbness though, I'd stay away from pro-5-HT1-substances.

Maybe try something like Selegiline or another MAO-B inhibitor like Azilect (Rasagiline) instead. Use them with something that inhibits DAT/Dopamine Transporter, maybe ask a Doctor for Amineptine or low-dose Adderall?

~Jay

24Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 am

Trazohell

Hello,

it seems like curcumin help me with numbness AND libido, but far away from normal.
I continuin with curcumin, green tea, chlorella, maca and fisch oil now for a while.
Maybe it makes sense, because curcumin helps to try a Mao inhibitor like Moclebomide?
We know now that my problem must come from 5HT1 agonism activitiy from Trazodone.

What I notice is that I'm very tired after masturbation or jogging, that wassn't the case before Trazodone.
Maybe the adrenal are tired?

25Trazodone gave me PSSD Empty Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Trazohell wrote:Hello,

it seems like curcumin help me with numbness AND libido, but far away from normal.
I continuin with curcumin, green tea, chlorella, maca and fisch oil now for a while.
Maybe it makes sense, because curcumin helps to try a Mao inhibitor like Moclebomide?
We know now that my problem must come from 5HT1 agonism activitiy from Trazodone.

What I notice is that I'm very tired after masturbation or jogging, that wassn't the case before Trazodone.
Maybe the adrenal are tired?
Could be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum